Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Damien by Amanda Shelley (Perfectly Independent #3)

 


❤❤❤❤❤


Read this with a side of bacon! Damien finally brings us Vanessa's story, which if you've read Vince's book (I highly recommend doing this first), you're already enamored with Jules.


Vanessa was a teenage mother, then lost both her parents soon after having Julia, leaving only her brother as a support system. She works hard and attends college, all while raising her adorable daughter.


Damien has been burned in the past, but I love that he's willing to be there for Vanessa and Julia, through the good and the bad times. His pure adoration and willingness towards the girls will win him book boyfriend of the year!


A slow burn that's worth the wait! I already loved Jules from the previous book in the series, but she's still one of my favorite scene-stealers. The chemistry between Damien and Vanessa shows through their flirting banter, leaving you counting down until one of them owns up to how they feel. 


Fans of the Perfectly Independent series will enjoy seeing their favorite characters again, not to mention an epilogue for the books! I'm also immediately reading about Damien's sister Dani, who has her own story in Making the Call.


💋 Romance


SUMMARY:


When I walk into the diner, all I'm looking for is a decent meal. As a civil engineer for the largest project on campus, I just want to eat in peace. I'm happy to find this hidden gem since students are scarce. Don't get me wrong, co-eds on campus are beautiful, but I was over that scene when I graduated three years ago. I need to finish this job and move onto the next one by the end of the year.


Then Vanessa walks up with a simple smile and takes my breath away. The next thing I know, I'm making every excuse imaginable to dine with this intriguing woman. She's not only smart and sexy; she's completely focused on reaching the goals she has set for herself.


The more I get to know her, the more I know she's the one. I just have to find a way to make her deviate from her perfectly laid plans and take a chance on me.


Now available at:


BookBub | GoodReads | Kindle | Kobo | Nook

No comments:

Post a Comment